Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Two Is Better Than One...

So to go along with the tutus, I decided to make onesies. At first I wasn't sure what kind of onesies would be cute for twins. I googled "twin onesies" and saw this...


I loved the idea so much, although I thought the above picture was a little plain. I decided to do patterned lettering. I found something called iron-on flock transfer, which is essentially a patterned iron-on sheet where you can cut out any design you would like. I also bought Heat n Bond Hem (3/8 inches thick) to outline the letters with ribbon. I don't have a sewing machine (bummer!), so Heat n Bond Hem and Iron-On was a god send. See what I used below...


 I typed out T-W-I-N letters on a Word Doc (I think I used font size 200). I then cut out the paper letters, traced them onto the iron-on sheet (ensure the letters are traced backwards so that they are read correctly once ironed on), and cut out the iron-on letters. See below...


I then ironed the letters to the onesies (which were pre-washed). Then, I cut the Hem n Bond to the appropriate length and width to fit the ribbon border, which I cut to the length of the letters.


I continued this until the border was complete. I set the iron to the 4 setting, and continuously ironed (about 1 minute per letter) on all the edges of the letter to ensure it was secure. Here is the finished product...


Here is the finished product with the tutus =)



No comments:

Post a Comment