Monday, May 14, 2012

Skinny Minny Recipe #5: Faux-tato Chips...Kale Chips Recipe

I have been on a Skinny Minny Recipe rampage lately.  No crafting...all eating (healthy at least).

Here is a recipe for something that is simple, yet so freaking addicting.  I have made this recipe several times now.  As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I am currently addicted to kale.  Yummy!

Here's what you will need to make Kale Chips:
(Makes 4-6 Servings)
-1 Kale Bunch
-About 3 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-Kosher Salt and Garlic Powder to taste

Wash and dry kale thoroughly.  Separate the kale leaves from the rib with a knife.  Cut the kale leaves into about 1" pieces. 


Place the kale pieces in a single layer on a cookie sheet.  I have found that parchment paper is not necessary, but an option if you still like to use it.



Drizzle the olive oil over the leaves, and sprinkle kosher salt and garlic powder to taste.  Bake in the oven at 350 F for about 8-10 minutes; tossing and turning half way through to ensure even crispiness.  The kale chips are done, when most of the leaves are slightly brown on the edges.



Final product before it is gobbled down by my hungry husband...



Calorie Counting Divas: ~60 Calories per Serving

No comments:

Post a Comment