Sunday, October 12, 2014

Baby Matthew's Nursery Decor- "Hello There Handsome" Wall Art

I have been super excited to start on Baby Matthew's nursery!  I had so many ideas floating in my head.  I wanted to do a picture collage above his changing table.  I saw a cute "Hello There Handsome" pillow at Home Goods.  I decide to recreate this saying as a wall art décor. 

 
 
|what you will need|
 
 
+ blank canvas (I used a 8 x 10 sized canvas)
+ alphabet letter stickers
+ craft paint
+ paint brush or sponge
+ decorative trim cord
+ hot glue gun
 
 
 
|how to|
 
 
{1} Stick your alphabet letter stickers to the canvas.  Press hard and make sure the stickers are lying flush to the canvas.
 
 
 
 
{2} Paint the entire canvas with craft paint.  I did two coats of paint.  Allow the paint to dry at least an hour between coats.
 
 
 
 
{3} Let the paint dry completely overnight.  Then, gently peel off the alphabet letter stickers.
 
 
 
 
{4} Then I wrote "hello" in a simple cursive font on regular printer paper.  Place the wording where you want it on the canvas.
 
 
 
{5} With a sharp ball point pen, outline the font.  Make sure you apply a good amount of pressure so the ink goes through to the canvas.
 
 
 
 
 
{6} Using a hot glue gun, glue the decorative cord to the canvas following the cursive outline.
 
 
 
 


 





 

Here's the finished product...

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment