Thursday, October 27, 2011

Keeping Cool on a Budget-- DIY Parasol

So I'm sure if you have been browsing wedding websites and blogs, you have seen the "Thank You" Parasol.  It looks a little something like this...


These can go upwards of $30-$40 on Etsy.  I was not going to spend that much money on a parasol.  So when I was browsing the Summer Blowout Sale at Hobby Lobby I found a white parasol on sale...and it was priced at (*drum roll please*)...$2.04!!!


Now all you need is a black sharpie!  I begin by choosing a script font in Microsoft Word.  I printed about 2-3 letters onto each 8 x 11.5 piece of paper. 


I then trimmed the excess paper off around the letter.



I then placed and taped the letters on the back side of the parasol like so...


The font was dark enough to trace the outline of each letter like so...


Then, I just filled in the letters with the black sharpie, and viola...



Total cost of this project was just $2.04, since I already had a black sharpie =)

Here are some pics of the parasol during our engagement shoot...





No comments:

Post a Comment