Friday, June 7, 2013

When I Juice, You Juice...Domesticated Diva's Juicing Adventures

So I got bit by the juicing trend, and I can say juicing is amazing!  I found this Black and Decker Juicer randomly at Kohls for $25.  I mean come on...$25 for a juicer is a pretty amazing deal!  It got a four star rating on Amazon, so I decided to give it a shot. 
This is one of the most basic juicers you can buy, but at $25 I am not complaining.  I wasn't even sure if I was gonna like juicing, so this is perfect for the beginning juicers out there!  You do have to cut up your veggies/fruits, since the tube the fruit/veggies goes down is rather narrow.  Also, the juicing cup in the picture is rather small and needs to be dumped into a pitcher or whatever juice container you are using.

Let's back track a little, I got into juicing after watching the documentary Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead.  This is a great documentary by the way =)


Joe Cross (the guy in the film) also has a blog called Reboot with Joe. His blog is chocked full of different juicing recipes. 

The Basic Domesticated Diva Juicing Recipe I usually go by is 2 Veggies + 2 Fruits + Either Ginger Lime or Both

Seems simple enough right!  Yes, juicing can be expensive, but if you buy whatever fruits and veggies are on sale or buy the fruits and veggies that are usually cheaper you can definitely juice on a budget!

Fruits I've Used: Apples, Grapefruit, Lime, Blackberries, Pears, Mangos, Peaches, Oranges
Veggies I've Used: Celery, Parsley, Cucumbers, Ginger, Carrots, Red Pepper

Here are a couple of recipes...

2 Green Apple + 1" Ginger Piece + 2 Stalks of Celery + 1 Lime + 1 Cucumber


1 Small Carton of Blackberries + 1/2 Bushel of Parsley + 1 Apples + 1" Ginger Piece + 1 Lime + 2 Stalks of Celery


1 Red Pepper + 2 Carrots + 1 Apple + 1 Orange


2 Apples + 1 Red Pepper + 1 Cucumber + 1 Lime


2 Mango + 1 Cucumber + 1 Red Pepper + 1 Orange Juice

1 comment:

  1. I am a juice lover, but juice must be fresh. And I think that this juicer can helps a lot to every juice lover. But Instead this, It is more better if fresh juice is available in the market.

    Regards,
    Organic Noni Juice

    ReplyDelete