Friday, June 21, 2013

Fauxreal Meals: Pork Rind and Parmesan Fried Pork Chops

Mr. Domesticated Diva and I have been trying to eat less carbs during the week.  I have seen pork rinds being used as batter for low carb cooking, but I was too afraid to try it.  Well, this week I grew some balls (not literally) and gave it a whirl.  Here's what you will need...


Ingredients (Make 2-3 Servings):
-6 Thinly Sliced Bone In Pork Chops
-1 Cup of Semi Finely Crushed Pork Rinds (I just put the pork rinds in a small zip lock bag and crushed it with a mallet)
-1/4 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
-2 Eggs (Beatened)
-Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Garlic Powder, and Cayenne Pepper to taste (Remember not too much salt, because the pork rinds and Parmesan cheese is loaded with Sodium)
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying (about 1/3 cup)

Heat up the extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan to medium high heat. 

Mix the crushed pork rinds, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.  In a separate bowl, add the beatened eggs.



Dip the pork chop in the egg mixture and then the pork rind/parmesan mixture.  You may have to slightly press the pork chops in the pork rind batter to make sure it sticks.  Then, shake off excess pork rind/parmesan crumbs.


Fry the pork chops about 3 minutes per side.  Since these are thin, they will fry up pretty fast.

Here's the final product.  I also made parmesan oven roasted zucchini.  This meal was quite delish.  I have to admit I think I like this pork rind/parmesan breading, better than the flour/breadcrumb type.  It was very flavorful and crisp.  This recipe is definitely a keeper =)

No comments:

Post a Comment