Thursday, October 17, 2013

Home Sweet Home: Drab to Fab Pumpkin Floral Arrangement

I can not get over the fact that the fall season is upon us.  What better way to showcase the textures and colors of the fall, then by making a floral arrangement using a pumpkin as it's base! 


I just absolutely love the Dollar Tree Store.  They have great holiday decor, and everything is a dollar.  I found small foam pumpkins and a variety of fall colored and themed floral stems.

Floral Stems ($1 each)

5" Foam Pumpkins ($1 each)

I started by cutting my floral stems with a floral wire cutter.  When cutting your floral stems, make sure you cut them in a variety of lengths.  I cut some at 6", some at 4.5", and the rest at about 3".  Remove some of the leaves from the floral stem.  I used the leaves to fill in any bare spots.

 
Now, all you have to do is poke the flowers through the foam pumpkin.  Use a low heat glue gun to adhere some leaves to the parts that look bare, and make sure you give your floral arrangement some dimension (i.e. different heights and different textures).



One pumpkin arrangement is placed in our guest bathroom.

The other arrangement is placed in our kitchen counter.

-DOMESTICATED DIVA PRICE BREAKDOWN-
$4 (four floral stems) + $2 (2 foam pumpkins) | $6 total or $3/each arrangement

I have seen completed pumpkin floral arrangements at Hobby Lobby for $10-$20 each.  This is such an easy and thrifty way to incorporate a fall theme to your home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment