Friday, April 6, 2012

Skinny Minny Recipe #1....Grand Marnier Macerated Fruit

So I am making a new series of posts called "Skinny Minny Recipes", which is a collection of low calorie, healthy, and flavorful recipes.  I have a bunch of recipes and pictures saved up, so I get to share a whole lot with you guys. Yipee!  After eating at a local "farm to market" style restaurant in Houston called Zelko Bistro, and after trying their version of Macerated Fruit dessert I decided to take a shot of my version.

Ingredients (Makes 4 Servings):
-2 cups of fruit of your choice (I used apples, blackberries, strawberries, and grapes)
-2 springs of roughly chopped mint
-1 1/2 tbsp of honey
-3 portion packs of Stevia "Sugar"
-1/4 cup of Grand Marnier liquor


1.) Cut the apples into cubes, halve the strawberries, and leave the blackberries and grapes whole.

2.)  Place the fruit in a large mixing bowl and mix it with all the above ingredients.  I slightly "muddled" the black berries, just so I can extract some of that delicious juice =)


3.) Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours; I refrigerated it overnight.

4.)  Here is the final product.  Spoon the fruit into a nice ramekin or serving dish.  Then drizzle with any leftover Grand Marnier juice left on the bottom of the bowl.  Lightly sprinkle with regular white granulated sugar, so you get a nice crystallized crunch texture.  You can also sprinkle powder sugar on top.  This is a great alternative to eating boring fruit, and Grand Marnier will make anything taste a million times better =)


There can be many variations to this recipes, such as adding white/red wine, balsamic vinegar, basil, other fruits, cinnamon, etc.

Calorie Counting Divas: ~100-130 calories per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment