Friday, December 20, 2013

DIY Gold Ornament Christmas Wreath

As if I didn't have enough Christmas decorations, I took on another Christmas DIY craft!  I wanted to decorate our back door that leads to our backyard.  I figured a small wreath would be perfect there.  Here's what I came up with...


|what you will need|

+ about 55 ornaments ranging in different sizes and textures (small, medium, and large)
+ 12" wreath frame
+ lots of hot glue
+ ribbon to hang your wreath on


|how to|

{1} Tie your ribbon to the wreath.  I used about 12".  I ended up using a white ribbon (not pictured below) as my ribbon.



{2} Starting from the inner part of the wreath, glue down ornaments around the inner circumference.  Alternate the positions of the ornaments; this will give the wreath more dimension.  I bought all my ornaments at dollar tree, so I saved a ton of money.


{3} Then do the outer circumference of the wreath frame.

{4} Lastly, fill in any missing gaps and holes with the smaller ornaments.

{I hung the wreath using a 3M Command Strip.  Man I love those things}

{all gold everything}

{glitz + sparkle + shine}

No comments:

Post a Comment